Monday, September 26, 2011

Not So Green..

As I watched the Iowa vs Louisiana-nobody game on Saturday, one thing caught my attention. I expected to see a stadium full of green for the "Green for Greenwood" game the Iowa fans were supposed to be supporting. 


Iowa fans apparently didn't get the message to wear green
Photo by The Des Moines Register
Rather, I saw blotches of green throughout the stadium. Apparently not everybody got the message. I thought it looked very sloppy and awkward. I am calling out Hawkeye Nation. Come on guys. The intentions were great, but the outcome was rather poor. I'm not sure who organized it but they should have made it more public and got the university directly involved. 


You guys have pulled of some sweet stadium colors before, like the black and gold sections last year. I was expecting a sea of green, but instead it looked like your stadium was a dead field with a bunch of random clumps of grass. 


I'm not sure why I am talking about the Hawkeyes though. I'll leave that to Mr. Strohman. I guess I'm just a bored ISU fan during the bye week. I'll have a Texas preview for you guys this Friday. 


In other news, 138 Miles is now on Twitter!


Follow us at @138miles

-MVW

No comments:

Post a Comment